Are You Protecting the Value of Your Home?
Safeguard your life’s biggest investment (and make it even more beautiful in the process).
With over 40 years of quality residential painting services and experience, you can always rest assured that you’re working with the best painting contractor in Boston when it comes to your home's appearance.
How Can We Help You?
When it comes to commercial painting, there's no job too big for us. We have completed hundreds of successful commercial painting projects and earned the highest marks from our clients.
Kosta is a true professional. We told him what our budget was and he gave us a really great quote on what we needed to get done. His team was skilled, punctual, really flexible and easy to work with. All of this made our painting experience a breeze and he comes with our highest recommendations.
There are two kinds of companies; those that work to try to charge more, and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.
That exact philosophy fueled by nothing short of perfection is what has propelled us to over 40 years in business as one of the best local painting contractors in Boston.
At First Nick Painting Company, we:
- Offer Fiercely Competitive Pricing - You'll never have to double guess the bottom line with us. As a home painter, we understand that offering the most competitive residential painting prices in the market is crucial in earning your business.
- Deliver A+ Customer Experience & Quality - Paint contractors aren't all made alike. We consider ourselves to be a highly reputable paint company that staff only the highest trained house painting contractors to deliver top notch results. As such, we align our service right next to commercial grade painting materials so that you receive a great experience and have a painting project you can count on for years to come.
- Pay Extreme Attention to Detail - There are no shortcuts when it comes to delivering quality results - this is one of our best strengths as a local painting company. We make sure that each one of your needs is met and exceeded while still falling within your budget.
Professional Interior Painters Boston
Come Home to a Color You Love
Your home should be a place where you know you can come home from a long day of work and be able to get peace of mind and comfort. As such, the colors that you choose are a representation of the mood you want to exhibit.
- WHAT TO EXPECT
- THE PROCESS
Regardless of the weather outside, your home’s interior can be painted any time of year by professional house painters.
If you are uncertain about how to finish a room or what residential painting company to choose, we offer our consultation services to help you decide on the wall and trim finishes that will make your room look great.
We use premium paints on all jobs, but if you have a preferred brand, we are happy to consider it because getting good painting company prices are important so you can stay within your budget.
First Nick Painting Company ensures that your interior painting project will be completed by professional house painting contractor who extensively prep your home, have all the right materials, and perform an outstanding job that is meant to last.
First Nick's Interior Painting includes the following additional services:
- Crown molding and other trim
- Kitchen cabinets
- Wallpaper removal
- Drywall patching and finishing
Whether you intend to make a drastic change in the feel and style of your entire house or simply want to revitalize a specific room, First Nick Painting Company can help.
Our professional painting contractors continually receiving ongoing training on the newest painting materials and techniques to ensure they know what is ideal for each project they complete.
We move all items to the center of the room before covering them with clean, new plastic sheeting. We protect all flooring using drop cloths.
- Large furniture is placed into the room’s center.
- Ceiling fixtures and wall covers are removed.
- Drop cloths are used to cover the floor.
Preparation and Painting
The prep work is around 75% of the job. Depending on your specific requests, crack and holes in the walls and ceilings are filled, surfaces are scuff sanded, and stains are sealed. Our professional painters company will begin by preparing the surfaces and covering the areas not being painted. We maintain the highest standards while painting and thoroughly clean up every day.
- Damaged areas, such as cracks and holes, are caulked with the highest quality materials.
- Walls are sanded and scuffed.
- Repaired areas are primed before premium quality paint is applied to ensure a uniform finish.
- Painting is completed using the best paints available.
All accessories and furniture are returned to your desired location. Carpets are vacuumed, while floors are swept. All of our materials are removed from your home.
- Furniture is returned to your specified location.
- Ceiling fixtures and wall covers are replaced.
- Carpets and floors are carefully vacuumed and swept. All garbage is removed.
- Touch-up paint is clearly labeled and left with the customer.
With so many options, how should I choose my interior paint color?
Many homeowners find the following tips helpful when choosing an interior paint color. However, our expert interior painters will also share their personal tips with you.
- Light colors advance, while dark colors recede - If you have a small room, using lighter shades of paint will make it appear bigger. If you want to make a really large room appear smaller and more intimate, opt for darker colors. Narrow rooms, regardless of how small or big they are, can be made to look wider by painting the long walls a light color and the end walls a dark color.
- Colors appear different depending on the time of day - Before finalizing your decision, view your paint swatches during the day, as well as the night. Lighting can easily change how a color looks.
- Accent colors - Opt for a single color to shine in a space and use other colors only as an accent.
For more painting tips by an experienced home painting contractor, as well as color inspirations and information on current trends, please visit our learning center.
What types of paint do you use?
While other local painting companies like to stick to a certain brand, we are happy to use the brand of paint that you prefer, we have partnered with Behr, Benjamin Moore, and Sherwin Williams for training, trends, and more. We will gladly provide more information on our preferred painting partners so you can find a painter in your area.
Have More Questions?
We are dedicated to making certain your property is well taken care of from start to finish while we are painting your home.
Our experienced painters are able to perform all types of prep work, including adding color to new walls or extensive remodeling, on your interior painting projects.
We encourage you to contact us today for any additional questions you may have, as well as to request a free interior home painting estimate.
Exterior Painting Contractors Boston
It’s Not Just About Curb Appeal
Sun, ice, rain, wind, and that heavy winter snow – all these forces of nature can have a drastic effect on the outside look of your home.
Aside from the needed protection that exterior painting provides, you can also become the envy of your neighborhood if you hire the right painting contractor in Boston to do the job.
- WHAT TO EXPECT
- THE PROCESS
As one of Boston's premier house painting companies, First Nick Painting Company specializes in both residential exterior and interior painting.
While preparing for exterior painting is quite different from interior painting, you can be certain that your exterior paint job will be completed with the same care and professionalism.
Below we have provided a quick look at the general steps we take when completing an exterior house painting project.
Power Washing (if required)
We will either hand wash or power wash your home's exterior to remove dirt and mildew.
- Only detergents safe for the environment are used.
- We hand wash any delicate areas.
- We perform extensive clean up before we begin painting.
Any gaps are caulked using the highest quality material to prevent water intrusion. All glossy areas are thoroughly scuff sanded and all loose paint is scraped before we begin.
- Surface priming
- Minor maintenance
- Landscape protection
- Clean up of the area
Repaired areas are primed before premium quality paint is applied. This is to ensure a uniform finish.
- We make certain all non painted areas are covered.
- Per our agreement, a second coat of paint is applied when required.
- An extremely thorough clean up.
Cleaning and Final Inspection
We perform clean up duties each day before we leave, as well as at the completion of the project. All materials are packed up and stored away neatly, while all paint chips are removed.
We will perform a thorough inspection at the completion of your job. You are also invited to inspect all work performed, as well as complete the feedback card regarding our exterior painting job crew and the job they did.
- Final touch-ups are completed where needed.
- The area is thoroughly cleaned up.
- A thorough project walk-around will be performed with your painting crew.
- A final project walk-around is completed by the owner of First Nick Painting.
When's the best time to paint the exterior of my house?
There are certain weather conditions that are considered ideal for exterior painting. This includes a temperature of 70⁰F or higher with partly sunny skies.
However, paint can cure and dry at temperatures as low as 35⁰F.
To ensure top quality results, our experienced exterior painters will suspend all outdoor work when there is a 50% or greater chance of rain in the forecast.
Nobody likes delays, but when mother nature speaks, we have to listen.
What's a good way to pick an exterior paint color?
While there are a variety of factors to consider when deciding on an exterior paint color, the following tips are the ones we have found to be the most important:
- Consider your neighbors – If you choose a color that clashes with their home, it could cause unnecessary arguments. If your neighbors are trees, think carefully about the shade you use. Paint appears darker on homes in wooded lots. If you have a good bit of shrubbery, stay away from green. It’s just too much!
- More colors can add up – Unless you a “grand” vision as to how these colors will work together, it is best to keep your exterior paint job simple with one base color and one trim color.
- Warm areas and bright colors – If you live in a warm area, be aware that bright colors tend to wash out over time. For some homeowners, this is a desired effect. In cooler areas, bright colors stay bright longer. This can result in your house standing out from the others in your neighborhood.
Have More Questions?
Keep in mind that any contractor painting your home should take every measure to make sure all your needs are met and exceeded, and this is where we excel.
We encourage you to contact us today for any additional questions you may have, as well as to request a free exterior home painting estimate.
The Top 8 Benefits of Having Your Home Painted
Helps Increase Your Home’s Value
Both exterior and interior painting of the walls, trims, and other surfaces will increase your home’s overall real estate value. This helps in the valuation of your assets and can be a tremendous help if you are trying to sell your home.
It’s Environmentally Friendly
Due to climate changes and global warming, most paint manufacturers are choosing to use waterborne coatings in today’s paints. They are much safer than the previously used solvent based paints that can harm the environment. Some paints can even help you save on energy and improve air quality.
Healthier Indoor Air Quality
Painting your interior walls, trims, and other surfaces using high quality, low VOC and/ or zero-VOC paints and finishes can decrease smells and fumes in your home, as well as support healthy indoor air quality for you and your family.
Keeps Dust/Dirt to a Minimum
Making certain that your interior walls, trims, and other surfaces stay painted can help keep dirt and dust from settling in your home. This is especially true in homes with plaster walls. Paint is able to keep plaster in check, while also keeping dust to a minimum. If you live in an older home or one with tough interior surfaces, it is important to use only the highest quality paint, such as Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams.
Hides Permanent Marks & Stains
Painting both the exterior and interior walls, trims, and other surfaces of your home is a great way to cover up permanent marks and stains that you have been unable to remove.
Protects Your Home’s Surfaces
Painting exterior and interior walls, as well as the trims and other surfaces of your home, offers it protection from extreme weather conditions, such as snow and ice that can result in rotting and other damage.
Getting a High Value Make-Over
If your home could use some updating, painting is a great place to start. It gives your home a new look without costing thousands of dollars. Using high quality low VOC and zero-VOC paints and finishes will help you save time and money on the cost of giving your walls a new look.
Improved Homeowner Outlook
You might not realize it now, but changing the exterior and interior colors of your home can completely change the way you look at your home. In fact, it can even alter the look and feel of your home. For example, using white or light paint colors makes smaller rooms and spaces look bigger. Using a soft shade of pastel in a bedroom gives it a cozy and serene feel, while using bright colors in your playroom or family room encourage fun.
Recent Painting Reviews
Let's Get Your Home Looking Good!
Most Recent Articles:
Window Replacement Cost – What To Expect
Windows are the eyes to the soul. Wait. That doesn’t sound right. It’s the other way around, right? Errr… back to the reason why we are here! You obviously need some windows replaced! Well, we want to help you get started with understanding what your possible window replacement cost might be. Windows are an important, essential part of your home. They let in fresh air [...]
Best Paint Colors For Living Room – How to Choose
Choosing paint can be a super stressful experience. After a few hours of looking at multiple shades and colors, everything starts to blend into one big headache. Believe us, we know how you feel. Since you probably spend most of your at-home leisure time in the living room, it’s important that you enjoy what it looks like. Seems pretty obvious, right? But you’d be surprise [...]
Preventing Carpet Installation Cost From Getting Out of Hand
You must be here because you want some padding under your feet… and not the shearling kind. Maybe you’ve got some hardwood floors that you need to cover up so the folks downstairs don’t yell at you. Or maybe you already have carpeting. From 1985. So you need a change, we get it. There’s almost nothing that makes a house cozier than some homey carpeting on which you can [...]
Painting Vinyl Siding – A Real Work of Art
So you’ve decided you want to paint the vinyl siding on your house. Maybe the vinyl siding is peeling and old, or maybe the color is just plain ugly. Either way, we’ve covered the basics here so you can get it done right, and the first time. Take a look at our mini-tutorial on painting vinyl siding. If at any time things look like they could get hairy, give us a call and w [...]